PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTIFICATION AND CONSENT
For Customers / Prospective Customers
Pursuant to sections 7 and 6, respectively, of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010
1. Collection of Personal Data
We would like to inform you that we, Alliance Cosmetics Sdn. Bhd. and each of our respective related corporations (as the term is defined in the Companies Act 2016), affiliates, and associated companies (hereinafter referred to as the "Company" "we" "our" or "us") (whether or not controlled by us) as data users (as the term is defined in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010) have or will collect, record, hold, store, use, disclose and/or process (collectively referred to as "Process") personal information about you in connection with your dealings and relationship with us. In particular, we will Process some, one, or all of the following categories of personal information about you:
- master data: name, age, gender, date of birth, citizenship, marital status, nationality, race, ethnic origin, identification card / passport details, religious beliefs, photographs or other images, videos or animations, and voice recordings;
- contact details: home address, home phone number and mobile number, email address, work address, work number;
- your purchasing records and products preferences; and
- any such information as we deem necessary or appropriate from time to time in connection with your dealings and/or relationships with us.
(collectively together, "Personal Data").
To the extent that you disclose to us any personal information and/or personal data (whether or not coming within the definition of Personal Data above) of another individual, we shall assume, without independent verification, that you have obtained such individual's consent for the disclosure of such information and / or personal data as well as the Processing of the same in accordance with the terms of this notification ("Notification").
2. Sources of Information
Your Personal Data will be obtained from the following sources, where applicable, or such other sources which we may see fit from time to time:
- information provided or submitted by you in any application form, survey forms, membership forms, or through other related documentation or the use of our website, social media and phone applications;
- information voluntarily provided by you to us;
- information gathered through promotional activities;
- cookies that your web browser store on your computer when you visit a website;
- publicly available or publicly accessible information;
- websites, telephonic communications, emails, facsimiles;
- third party administrators; and
- such other written or verbal communications or documents delivered to us prior to and during the course of our contractual or pre-contractual dealings with you.
As the accuracy of your Personal Data depends largely on the information you provide to us, kindly inform us as soon as practicable if there are any errors in your Personal Data or if there have been changes to your Personal Data.
In relation to employees of the Company, we will Process the Personal Data that you have provided to us for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- providing notices, products and /or services to you;
- to enable you to purchase products from us;
- user or customer management procedures;
- for business contact purposes;
- membership registration and offering benefits and privileges;
- research, benchmarking and statistical purposes;
- conduct surveys relating to our customers and products;
- for internal record keeping purposes;
- notifying and updating you regarding the important changes or development of our products portfolio;
- communicating with you for any related purpose including to ensure customer satisfaction, which may include conducting surveys to improve quality of our products and services;
- maintaining and updating our customers database;
- processing your payment transactions;
- building our relationship with you;
- to manage and or process products / services related complaints and feedbacks and for general dispute resolution purposes;
- to administer and manage your membership with us;
- to send out newsletters and updates about our products or services;
- directly market and promote our products and services;
- data cleansing and updating your customer profile;
- discharging obligations imposed on the Company under applicable law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities; and
- in order to fulfill any purpose directly related to the above purposes.
We may keep the Personal Data and that of other individuals that you provide to us for a reasonable period in accordance with legal requirements following your cessation of business dealings with us.
4. Disclosure and Processing
Unless set out herein, we will not generally disclose your Personal Data to any third party unless you have notified us in writing that you consent to such disclosure.
Please note that it may be necessary for us to disclose your Personal Data:
- where required by any regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction, or other statutory bodies as specified or required by any laws;
- to discharge any legal obligation imposed on us by law;
- any related and associated companies, affiliates and subsidiaries of the Navis Capital Group, including those established in the future;
- pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
- to third-party organisations including their professional service providers and relevant regulatory authorities whether within or outside Malaysia, in connection with the acquisition, disposition and / or intended acquisition or disposition of the Company's assets / shares and / or of the Company itself whether directly or indirectly;
- to other third party service providers, agents, contractors whether within or outside of Malaysia, that Process Personal Data on behalf of the Company and its affiliates;
- to our partners, service providers, vendors or other stakeholders, whether within or outside of Malaysia who provides administrative, marketing, telecommunications, and other services to us in connection with the processing and storage of your data; and / or
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers, whether within or outside of Malaysia.
Access to your Personal Data may be granted to other entities within the Navis Capital group of companies and may be transferred out of Malaysia for purposes of data storage and managing your information more securely and efficiently at group level.
Rest assured that we will only disclose the minimum amount of information which we deem necessary and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such information is kept confidential. We will not sell, rent or trade your Personal Data.
5. Providing Personal Data
Except for Personal Data which is Processed for direct marketing purposes, it is obligatory for you to provide the categories of Personal Data which we request from you for the purposes set out above. Failure to supply and consent to the Processing of the Personal Data in relation to the purposes will:
- result in us being unable to provide you with the information, notices, services and/or products requested; and
- affect the ability of the parties to enter into the necessary agreement in relation to the provision of our services / products to you.
It is optional for you to provide the categories of Personal Data which we request from you for direct marketing purposes. However, failure to agree for us to Process your Personal Data in this respect will result in us and / or our selected authorised third parties from becoming unable to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls and text messages) or via social media concerning related and unrelated products and services offered by us and our affiliated business partners which we consider will or may interest you.
5. Access to Personal Data and limiting Processing
As a customer or prospective customer whose Personal Data is processed by us, you have rights to request access and/or to correct your Personal Data and/or limit the processing thereof at any time hereafter in line with applicable law and/or any applicable data protection law. We must point out that, in limiting the Processing as requested, the same consequences described in Clause (5) above could apply. If this is the case, we will inform you of the consequences in further detail depending on the specific Personal Data. You are also requested to correct and/or amend your Personal Data to the extent you realise it is incorrect. With respect to all of the above, you may:
- check whether we hold or use your Personal Data and request access to such data;
- request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date; and
- withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period as well as the consequences as mentioned above.
Please address all requests and / or questions or concerns which you may have regarding the subject matter and contents of this Notification to Ng Su Si at email@example.com.